Continuing Professional Development
Full Practising Members need to continually develop as a therapist by taking time to study and improve their clinical skills. This is known as Continuing Professional Development or CPD, and we require all MIFPAs to provide us with annual evidence of completed CPD. It should be mostly aromatherapy related, but can include a proportion of complementary subjects. We have an easy to complete form that will monitor your CPD as you complete it. The IFPA regularly takes a random sample of our Full Members to make sure that this commitment is being fulfilled.
Many of our Accredited Schools provide exciting and interesting CPD courses in addition to the Professional Diploma, and many other training centres are Approved CPD Centres, even though they do not provide the Professional Diploma. Just log in to the Members Area to access our complete list of CPD requirements and resources, and locate a course you would like to take. If you are delivering a course that you feel would be of interest to our Members as CPD, why not consider becoming an Approved CPD Centre?
There are great ways to fulfil your CPD requirements:
- Come to Conference to be inspired
- Write a published book Review or have an Article published
- Come to the AGM to get involved in the running of your Federation
- Network with your peers at a Regional Group meeting
- Further your studies with a short course at an accredited school or CPD centre