Become a MIFPA Tutor
All you need to become an IFPA Tutor are the following:
- Current Full Membership of the IFPA
- 3 years’ experience as an IFPA qualified Practising Aromatherapist
- A recognised teaching certificate e.g. City and Guilds or higher
- Access to an IFPA approved school locally to develop your teaching skill
There are also 3 levels of Tutor:
- Trainee – Qualified for 1 year as a Practising Aromatherapist with a teaching certificate but no teaching experience.
- Tutor – Qualified Practising Aromatherapist for 2 years, with a teaching certificate and proven teaching experience.
- Principal Tutor – Qualified practising Aromatherapist for 3 years, with a teaching certificate and proven teaching experience.
You do not have to be attached to a school to work as an IFPA Tutor or Principal Tutor. As a Principal Tutor you are able to register as an Examiner/Accreditation Officer for the IFPA. As a Principal Tutor or Tutor you can offer your services as a Bank Tutor, (fill in for staff sickness or holidays) or for CPD. To retain Certification as an IFPA Tutor you must complete all annual CPD requirements.